[X2Go-Dev] parec?
Moritz Struebe
2012-11-21 08:21:07 UTC
Hi Alex, Mike(?)

I just saw parec running and producing unneeded traffic.

In onmainwindow.cpp:10577ff it says:
QString scmd="PULSE_CLIENTCONFIG=~/.x2go/C-"+
resumingSession.sessionId+
"/.pulse-client.conf "+
"parec 1> /dev/null & sleep 1 && kill %1";

What is the rationale behind this code? As far as I understand it, parec
is supposed to run for one second. I'm not sure that that is what the
code does.

Cheers
Morty
--
Dipl.-Ing. Moritz 'Morty' Struebe (Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter)
Lehrstuhl für Informatik 4 (Verteilte Systeme und Betriebssysteme)

Tel : +49 9131 85-25419
Fax : +49 9131 85-28732
eMail : ***@informatik.uni-erlangen.de
WWW : http://www4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/~morty
Mike Gabriel
2012-11-21 08:47:49 UTC
Hi Morty,
Post by Moritz Struebe
Hi Alex, Mike(?)
no clue from my side... (nothing comparable in Python X2Go.

Greets,
Mike
--
DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: ***@das-netzwerkteam.de, http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
Stefan Baur
2012-11-21 08:56:48 UTC
Post by Mike Gabriel
Hi Morty,
Post by Moritz Struebe
Hi Alex, Mike(?)
no clue from my side... (nothing comparable in Python X2Go.
IIRC, Alex and Mihai know more about this.

-Stefan
Oleksandr Shneyder
2012-11-21 14:50:19 UTC
Hm,

The reason was buggy pulseaudio on windows. If you don't use input
device at several first seconds, input will not work any more. I know,
it is a dirty hack to start parec for 1 sec., but it works. Originally,
this code should be executed only on windows. I don't know which patch
have changed this behaviour. I'll fix it. Thank you for your report, Morty.

regards,
Alex
Post by Moritz Struebe
Hi Alex, Mike(?)
I just saw parec running and producing unneeded traffic.
QString scmd="PULSE_CLIENTCONFIG=~/.x2go/C-"+
resumingSession.sessionId+
"/.pulse-client.conf "+
"parec 1> /dev/null & sleep 1 && kill %1";
What is the rationale behind this code? As far as I understand it, parec
is supposed to run for one second. I'm not sure that that is what the
code does.
Cheers
Morty
Oleksandr Shneyder
Dipl. Informatik
X2go Core Developer Team

email: ***@obviously-nice.de
web: www.obviously-nice.de

--> X2go - ***@home
Moritz Struebe

Stefan Baur
2013-02-13 14:14:22 UTC
Hi Morty,

IIRC, Mihai redesigned that part of the codebase, but Alex hasn't
integrated his changes/patches yet. So, my USD 0.02: File a bug, and
add a pointer to Mihai's changes.

-Stefan
Oleksandr Shneyder
2013-02-13 14:49:34 UTC
Hi Morty,

This code is only executed on Windows, On linux "parecTunnelOk" is
always "false"

Now I have disabled this code for not Windows system at all:

http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=x2goclient.git;a=commit;h=b3121c46cd4494b6d15cf644292f290bf0dadc91

regards,
Alex

--> X2go - ***@home
Moritz Struebe
2013-02-13 15:06:41 UTC
Post by Oleksandr Shneyder
This code is only executed on Windows, On linux "parecTunnelOk" is
always "false"
We'll I'm on linux and parec gets started on every connect.

Cheers
Morty

Oleksandr Shneyder
2013-02-13 15:10:04 UTC
Post by Moritz Struebe
Post by Oleksandr Shneyder
This code is only executed on Windows, On linux "parecTunnelOk" is
always "false"
We'll I'm on linux and parec gets started on every connect.
Hm, funny. Okay, with the last commit the code, which starting parec,
will not be even compiled. So it should fix this bug anyway.

regards,
Alex
Post by Moritz Struebe
Cheers
Morty
Oleksandr Shneyder
Dipl. Informatik
X2go Core Developer Team

email: ***@obviously-nice.de
web: www.obviously-nice.de

--> X2go - ***@home
Moritz Struebe
2013-03-12 11:26:32 UTC
Post by Oleksandr Shneyder
Post by Moritz Struebe
Post by Oleksandr Shneyder
This code is only executed on Windows, On linux "parecTunnelOk" is
always "false"
We'll I'm on linux and parec gets started on every connect.
Hm, funny. Okay, with the last commit the code, which starting parec,
will not be even compiled. So it should fix this bug anyway.
It's still there in 4.0.0.4-0~368~quantal1. :(

Morty

Oleksandr Shneyder
2013-03-12 11:34:33 UTC
Hi Moritz,

I see, that release 4.0.0.4 don't include commit, that should fix this
issue.

@Mike:
Can you please peek this commit:
http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=x2goclient.git;a=commit;h=b3121c46cd4494b6d15cf644292f290bf0dadc91